Dr. Kaylene specializes in coaching women who have been working in the entertainment industry, helping them set career goals and overcome self-esteem issues.
Dr. Jennifer “Kaylene” Carter began working in the entertainment industry at the age of thirteen, alongside many up-and-coming stars in Orlando’s pop music scene. As a teenager, she transitioned from acting to singing. Kaylene recorded her first solo album (which she wrote and coproduced) during her senior year of high school. She also worked as a dancer and a runway model, making several appearances on both national and international television. A second solo album followed, which showcased her artistic versatility and style. Her career led her to creative projects in Los Angeles, Nashville, and New York City. Taking her love of lyric to the next level, Kaylene pursued advanced degrees in Creative Writing and Entertainment Business. Driven by her passion for poetry and songwriting, she is now working as a professor and life coach for entertainers.
●Responsibilities include teaching First Year Seminar to Entertainment Industry Studies majors.
●Developed 60% of course content for current class.
●Taught Composition I, Composition II, and online courses.
●Taught Composition I, Dev. Writing, & online courses.
●Obtained Digital Professor certification.
●Taught Humanities (hybrid). Previously on call to teach Entertainment Business and Songwriting.
●Previously on call to teach Music and Developmental English.
● Coordinated with Shed Media Group on casting strategy and efforts in the Orlando and Nashville markets.
● Recruited & interviewed talent for World’s Strictest Parents reality television show.
● Modeled and ran my own promotions, including setup and breakdown- on & off premise and in the field, including outdoor festivals, race events, concert events, car shows, golf tournaments and conventions.
● Conducted market research and demographic studies, conducted customer surveys, discussed new products.
● Worked as brand ambassador in high-end restaurants and nightlife spots.
● Bartended, cocktailed, and hosted at private and corporate events.
● Represented companies at conventions and trade shows-
including Premier Beauty Show 2002/2004/2005, Focus 2003/2004,
Surf Expo 2003, Food & Restaurant 2002, PRI 2005, Home Show 2005, IAAPA 2003,
Southern Women’s Show 2003, Super Show 2005, Flooring 2003/2004, and PGA 2003.
● Clients included- Maxim, Ferrari, Harley Davidson, Chevrolet, PGA Tour, Nokia, Hawaiian Tropic, Cover Girl, Redken, Joico, Caress, Clairol, Suave, Captain Morgan, Absolut, Miller Lite, Dos Equis, Pepsi, and Hard Rock Live.
● Assisted Vice President of Marketing Dept. and Staff Writer on projects-
including creation of marketing materials and fundraising packages.
● Managed and scheduled calendar events, researched venues for proposed events,
prepared event timelines, organized financial records from events, corresponded with venues.
● Walked the runway for high profile clients-
including Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Cache, LaCoste, Anthropologie, Lillie Rubin, and Charlotte Russe.
● Modeled in fashion shows for charity-
including Cancer Society, Red Cross, and Dorough Lupus Foundation.
● Appeared on television shows-
including WWE Heat, WWE Raw, Daily Buzz, Caliente, and Hot Import Nights.
● Appeared in commercials-
including Diners Club, Don Pablo’s, Cattleman’s Steakhouse, Toronto Blue Jays, and Home Shopping Network.
●Responsible for still photography of concert performers & crowd for promotional packages and HOB website.
● Assisted promoter. Researched and booked lighting & sound companies for events.
● Coordinated talent backstage (actors, deejays, dancers, and models).
● Handled booking and maintained relationships with talent for future events.
● Interacted with customers at mobile event with live deejay, at concerts and college campuses.
*Received Course Director Award for Finance
*Delta Epsilon Honor Society, Member 2007-2008
|Payment Options: Consultation/3 month sessions/pay in full|